QUALITY CONTROL DEPARTMENT shall ensure that Incoming Raw Material is not used or processed until the inspection and tests have been satisfactorily completed or necessary reports have been received and verified with applicable standard or specified requirement.
For all incoming Raw Material (S.S. Seamless Mother Hollows & S.S. Coils),
Quality Control Department shall inspect the following items as mentioned
1. Verification of Marketing on Pipes with Test Certificate (For SEAMLESS HOLLOWS) (Like – OD, THK, GRADE, SPECN, HEAT No.)
2. Verification of Sticker / Tag wit Test Certificate (For S.S. COIL) (Like WIDTH, THK, GRADE, SPECN, HEAT NO., COIL NO., PACKAGE NO.)
3. Dimension checking – OD, THK. LENGTH (For SEAMLESS (HOLLOWS) & WIDTH AND THK. (For S.S. COILS).
4. Surface Inspection of SEAMLESS HOLLOWS & S.S. COIL.
Raw Material check analysis is carried by using in house PMI machine to verify the grade of the materials. One sample per heat is tested for full chemical analysis as per customer’s requirement. The material will be released for further operation subject to satisfactory results from the lab.
Once the Raw Material is taken for processing it is the responsibility of the
‘Production Department’ to see that each lot is having a proper Identification
Tag. Quality Control Department also keeps a close watch on it.
Every Identification Tag shall contain following details:-
1. W.O. NO.
2. OD, THICK., LENGTH
3. SPECN., & GRADE
4. TOTAL NO. OF PCS
5. TYPE OF MATERIAL ( WELDED / SEAMLESS)
6. HEAT NO. (If more than one Heat No. are involved in same size, Grade – Lot No. to be Identified).